November 14, 2011 by oswestrychamberoftrade
The Chairman welcomed members to the meeting.
Brief summary of items discussed:
1) New chamber logo – potential logos were discussed with the plan that the Management Committee would narrow the choice down to 4 logos which would then be circulated by email around the membership to decide on the new logo. It was hoped the new logo would be decided upon by Christmas.
2) World Café event is being held 17th November at the Wynnstay Hotel regarding the Market Towns Revitalisation Project. Some of the Chamber MC would be attending to represent Chamber members.
3) Councillors Bill Benyon and Paul Milner have been mentioned as possibly being the SC and OTC councillor representatives ‘linked’ with the Chamber who would be able to regularly attend Chamber meetings. This was to be discussed and hopefully agreed by Oswestry Town Council/ Shropshire Council.
4) New OTC website: OTC had asked for chamber views on what they would like to see on the new website. Comments from the floor included suggesting the site needed a business orientation, also a link to the Chamber website.
5) Potential opening of Cross Street to vehicles – chamber website received 17 comments in respect of this. The MC will collate the comments and put them in a letter to SC.
6) Late night shopping – consensus was Friday night is preferred with opening until 8pm. OTC were meeting to discuss the proposals for free parking including from 2pm on each Friday in December up to Christmas.
7) Chamber Christmas Social night – being held instead of the normal December meeting. This takes the form of a cheese and wine tasting, 40 tickets available, £5 per ticket. Will be at Momentum Wines premises.
8) 2012 Membership – due for renewal in January 2012, proposing to keep at £20. Currently have a healthy bank balance and annual membership covers cost of monthly meetings. MC will look in 2012 about how to use some of the Chamber funds.
9) Future events to note
a. Saturday 5th November; Dan Lepard doing a bakery demonstration at The Walls.
b. Thurs 17th November; Holy Trinity Church in Oswestry, ladies only craft event.
Category OCCI Minutes | Tags: