The Oswestry Chamber of Commerce
What Is Chamber?
Oswestry and District Chamber of Commerce and Industry are a networking organisation run by a voluntary and elected committee. We want Chamber to:
- Be a forum for local Oswestry organisations
- Support the business community by promoting a positive environment in which to build relationships
- Establish strong and engaged relationships with and sign-post businesses to key partners in the Town
- To speak up for the Oswestry business community where possible
There are many benefits to becoming a member of the Chamber including:
- Invitation to our monthly meetings
- Participation in business networking events
- Increased business visibility and credibility
- Giving your business a voice in the town
- Only members can vote at Chamber meetings where resolutions are discussed
Why You Should Join
The Chamber will cover the entire business district of Oswestry and the surrounding districts. As such, we welcome membership from all types and sizes of businesses and organisations.
- Be amongst, and learn from, like-minded people
- Be part of an interactive business community
- Raise the profile of your business
How Will It Operate?
A Chair, Vice-Chair, and Treasurer are elected at the AGM along with a new Executive Committee.
Regular monthly meetings have been scheduled (the first Wednesday in every month) and an agenda will be circulated in advance
Minutes of meetings will be sent to all members
We will use electronic communications wherever possible to increase efficiency
Your level of personal involvement can be as great or as little as suits you. We hope that some of you will get actively involved and attend the monthly meetings whenever you are able. If you prefer not to attend, we will keep in touch with you by emailing announcements and the minutes of meetings to you. We will need people to stand for the officer positions, as well as on the Executive Committee.
What We Are Not!
We are not part of, or linked, to any political party.
We are not linked to the Town Council or Shropshire Council.
We are not linked to, nor instructed by, any government body.
We are not grant funded.
For more information on costs and joining, click JOIN & GROW.
Follow us on Twitter: @OswestryChamber